AWARD-WINNING ARTICLES | CATALOGS | BOOKS
Publications can be powerful tools for increasing art sales and establishing or greatly enhancing the credibility of individual artists and entire collections. Michael Duty began his museum career as a writer and has continued to work as an author for nearly four decades.
He has written many publications ranging from full books to short articles and catalog essays. His books have been honored with awards by such organizations as the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City and the New Mexico Book Awards. He has written for many leading magazines, such as Art of the West, Southwest Art, and currently regularly contributes articles for ArtDesk. He has provided writing and editorial services for many museums and cultural organizations.
His publications include:
- Deep in the Art of Texas: One Hundred Years of Paintings and Drawings
- Texas, the Land and Legacy: The Art of Bob Pummill
- Texas Traditions: Contemporary Artists of the Lone Star State
- Western Traditions: Contemporary Artists of the American West (winner of the best book on the Southwest at the New Mexico Book Awards)
- The Cowboy Artists of America (winner of the Wrangler Award for best art book at the Western Heritage Awards presented by the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum)
- Under Western Skies: The Art of Bob Pummill
- Dallas and Fort Worth: A Pictorial Celebration
- Dave McGary: American Realism in Bronze
- A New Mexico Tradition, Southwest Realism